Sunday 14 April 2013

All about a boy, and a book

Oliver Jeffers is an author to whose works I was introduced when I became a mom.  His stories are whimsical and fun, and the drawings just evoke childhood through their structure and simplicity.  When I first met with Darren, I had one of Oliver Jeffers books in hand as a sample of what I liked best in a picture book.  I also always imagined that the main character in The Littlest Knight would have a big head and a little body - simply because I find that really cute.  Darren managed to use that "big head/little body" description and create a character I absolutely adore.

As for the Oliver Jeffers books, although I love all his books, I will admit to having a personal favourite: How to Catch a Star.  Not long after I had first read this book to my son, he told me confidently, "One day, I'm going to catch a star."  And there was no doubting from the tone in his voice that one day, he just might.

Here is a link to a recent interview with Oliver Jeffers by Today's Parent magazine:
http://www.todaysparent.com/jeffers

No comments:

Post a Comment