Wednesday 10 April 2013

We're ready for an audience!

Recently, I thought about the upcoming publication of The Littlest Knight, and what immediately went through my head was: "We're near the end!"  But that didn't sound right.  The publication of the book won't be the end of something, but rather the beginning.  Darren and I are both theatre people, and it occurred to me that putting this book together has been much like the development of a play with a rehearsal period of working on the text and images until the book was just as we wanted it.  The publication of the book will be more like an opening night followed by the actual performance when we finally have an audience.

So, as our rehearsal period comes to an end, I can look back at an amazing collaborative effort that's taken place, and I'm looking forward to sharing the end product with our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment